Wednesday, October 28, 2009

a night in with my lover :)

So I did absolutely NOTHING yesterday but inventory, made the gift bags for our grand opening and then cut Robert’s hair when he got off work! no $! ugh. I need some new clients, come 'on ladies.. who need their hair done? ;)

I went to the grocery store when I got off work and picked up some stuff for dinner and some ingredients to make a yummy pumpkin roll for Robert. He’s been bugging me to make him one since he’s tried it. here’s the recipe I used:

Ingredients

  • CAKE
  • 1/4 cup powdered sugar (to sprinkle on towel)
  • 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 2/3 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
  • 1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
  • FILLING
  • 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, at room temperature
  • 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
  • 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • Powdered sugar (optional for decoration)

Directions

FOR CAKE:
PREHEAT
oven to 375° F. Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan; line with wax paper. Grease and flour paper. Sprinkle a thin, cotton kitchen towel with powdered sugar.
COMBINE flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt in small bowl. Beat eggs and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until thick. Beat in pumpkin. Stir in flour mixture. Spread evenly into prepared pan. Sprinkle with nuts.
BAKE for 13 to 15 minutes or until top of cake springs back when touched. (If using a dark-colored pan, begin checking for doneness at 11 minutes.) Immediately loosen and turn cake onto prepared towel. Carefully peel off paper. Roll up cake and towel together, starting with narrow end. Cool on wire rack.
FOR FILLING:
BEAT
cream cheese, 1 cup powdered sugar, butter and vanilla extract in small mixer bowl until smooth. Carefully unroll cake. Spread cream cheese mixture over cake. Reroll cake. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least one hour. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving, if desired.
COOKING TIP:
Be sure to put enough powdered sugar on the towel when rolling up the cake so it will not stick.

 

you can find other good recipe’s here.

 

Robert cooked chicken & steak stir fry. It was so delish ;) He’s such a good cook! Now me on the other hand, I suck. LOL I’m only good at baking sweets! who would’ve thought huh?!

 

The rest of the night we just relax. We watched the Caps game and I caught up on some celebrity gossip reading my ‘In-Touch’ magazine. It felt great to just chill in and do a whole lot of nothing.

Tomorrow night, Robert’s friend Dylan is playing at Casey Jones so we are going there after I get off of work to see him. He’s an awesome singer. Listen to his music here and come check him out tomorrow night with us!

I’m getting extremely excited about our Ocean City trip for Halloween weekend. Only one more day then we will be on our way! I still have to get some last minute items for my costume for Saturday night and some Vampire teeth for our ‘TrueBlood’ party on Friday night! I’ll be sure to take a lot of pictures ;)

 

Speaking of VAMPIRES, I just watched ‘Twilight’, yes.. AGAIN. I’m a raging dork, but it’s ok. I just love me some Edward Cullen. I cant wait to see ‘NEW MOON’!! Only 22 more days!!!!!! YES :)

I just fell in love all over again . . .

robby

2 comments:

  1. Mmm Rob looks yummy in that pic ;) I just watched Twilight TWICE this past weekend too LOL! I can't wait till we freaking go and see NEW MOON!! I'm so excited! What are you being for Halloween this year?? Be sure to take lots of pics so I can see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, he's so freakin HOT! lol not too much longer and we will be up in the theatre watching NEW MONN :) im so excited! I'm being the army bootcamp babe. Remember, i posted a pic of it on my blog a few posts back! what are you being?

    ReplyDelete